It is here that the Germans built Station No. 37 Telemach Y Geräte Jägermess Stellung, occupied by the 20th company of Luftwaffe Ln-Rgt52.
This friendly hunting control and guidance station was composed of:
- the concentration of the 3 Freya radars, 150 to 200m apart from each other to the west,
- of the devices constituting the 3 Y Lines in the eastern part,
- 3 casemates containing the operators and equipment necessary for the operation of the "Heinrich Towers" (direction finding equipment),
- 3 casemates using the "Hans pylons", transmitters using the IFF system embedded in the friendly hunting aircraft,
- a Heinrich tower and a Hans Pylon which constitute a Y-Linian (Y Lines).
This system made it possible to monitor and guide several "friendly" hunting formations (several Y Lines) towards their objectives.
On August 16, 1944, Vallier and his men, accompanied by village resistance fighters, attacked the radar post but the enemy had already left. This station seems never to have been in service.
Free of charge.
All year round, daily.
- Single visit
Visites individuelles libres en permanence