Sentiers de l'Artuby - 6 - Boucle Le tour de Brouis
At Clavel mountain pass, between La Bastide and La Martre. The circuit walk starts from the carpark.
CIRCUIT WALK N°6
Follow the green waymarks. Be cautious, you may come across mountain bikers or horseback riders.
• 1 - Clavel mountain pass, between La Bastide and La Martre, cross the local road and follow the trail just opposite : it heads to Chateauvieux (Maunier).
• 2 Once the anti wildfire barrier is met, follow the Brouis trail onto your left: it goes slightly uphill.
• 3 - This trail gets even narrower. You can pause and enjoy the overhanging view on Rieu Tort valley
• 4 - You can also pause for a few minutes at Clavel Mountain pass to enjoy the view. Then head downhill to Artuby gorges.
• 5 it slightly takes you uphill. Continue until a rocky barrier is reached. Then follow the pathway going downhill up to a junction.
• 6 - At the junction, take a right turn onto a pathway running along the Artuby gorges
• 7 - At « Clos de la Ribiere » signpost, head torwards La Bastide following Les Vanades road, until Clavel mountain pass is reached (about 1.20 miles further)
• Walk past the sheepfold, then follow the road going downhill up to the car park.
• Wide diversity of fauna and flora species
Keep informed of the weather forcasts at all time
During the hunting season, do not walk away from the waymarked trails.
Go onto the circuit walk only when it is allowed. Get informed of the opening of forest areas, especially in summer time.
Take enough water and adapted walking shoes.
You can find the 8 detailed circuit walks in “Sentiers de l’Artuby” guidebook ( Council of Var region).
- Car park