Sentiers de l'Artuby - 2 - Boucle de Fayet
A rich architectural heritage : 3 chapels listed as historical monuments
Carpark just outside Comps sur Artuby village.
THE CIRCUIT WALK
Circuit walk n°2 – Follow the green waymarks
• 1 - From the carpark just outside Comps sur Artuby village, go onto St Bayon small street just opposite the town hall. Follow it as it goes uphill. This small street, first well worn, soon turns into an unleveled pathway that takes you into Combasq Wood.
• 2 - Walk off the Combasq trail and go onto the pathway leading off to your rigth and going uphill to Verjon Gorges.
• 3 - Once the « Gorges de Verjon » signpost is met, follow direction to « Fayet 1 » place name. At the junction, you can follow the trail leading off to your right and going downhill to Comps Sur Artuby through Verjon hamlet
• 4 Once the « Chemin de Fayet » signpost is met, turn right onto the pathway heading to Comps sur Artuby through Verjon hamlet.
• 5 - Cross the road and further follow the pathway heading to Comps sur Artuby. It slightly goes downhill.
• 6 -. At « Verjon » signpost, keep heading to Comps sur Artuby following the pathway that soon turns into a road.
• 7 - At the road junction, (Chapelle Saint Didier signpost) retrace your steps to the carpark, following direction to Bargeme.
• Wide diversity of fauna and flora species.
• Outstanding views on Alps Heights and Canjuers military camp
• You can visit Saint André, Saint Didier and Saint Jean Baptiste chapels, listed as historical monuments.
Keep informed of the weather forcasts at all time
During the hunting season, do not walk away from the waymarked trails.
Go onto the circuit walk only when it is allowed. Get informed of the opening of forest areas, especially in summer time.
Take enough water and adapted walking shoes.
You can find the 8 detailed circuit walks in “Sentiers de l’Artuby” guidebook ( Council of Var region).
- Car park