For over 10 years at the beginning off October, the French Var Hiking Federation and its hiking clubs, tourist offices and Var Tourisme organise free and guided walks and hikes to explore the Var’s natural heritage.
Explore the Var countryside
Whether you’re a serious hiker or prefer a gentle stroll, choose from around 100 walks to explore the Var’s natural heritage. Through the wooded mountains or along a coastal path, wander through fine sand and dizzying cliffs, in the Verdon, Estérel, Sainte-Baume and the Maures….
All of our volunteer guides are nature lovers, expressing their knowledge and enthusiasm for discovering or re-discovering this outstanding countryside.
These walks are also often an opportunity to explore a traditional architectural heritage, such as chapels, ‘cade’ ovens, mills, menhirs and even an air well!
Hikes adapted for your ability
3 levels of hikes are organised, allowing you to choose depending on your physical fitness and aptitude for walking.
- easy hikes: suitable for everyone, less than 200m ascent, 5km maximum, lasting between 2-3 hours on largely flat ground
- medium hikes: suitable for those with a decent level of physical fitness, between 200m-400m ascent, 10-15km, lasting between 3-5 hours.
- difficult hikes: suitable for experienced hikers with a high level of physical fitness, between 400-1000m ascent and a minimum of 15km, lasting between 5 and 8 hours.
Try different types of walk:
- traditional hikes
- sea wading along the coastline to get your blood pumping
- Nordic walking to get some fresh air