Originally, the small Cubist garden, shaped like an isosceles triangle and situated along the axis of the door to the living room, alternated between squares of water and plants. A chequerboard of colourful ceramics ended at the point of the triangle with a jet of water and an animated Lipchitz statue, ‘la joie de vivre’, but these have now disappeared. Along the sides, triangular flowerbeds descended in a zig-zag pattern, and the large vegetable gardens created optical illusions to emphasise the avenue.
Quickly destroyed by bad weather, the garden was simplified and planted with agave in 1933, but ended up disappearing. It was rebuilt in 1986.