Practise different water sports in our lakes and rivers, in beautiful countryside. Don’t miss: canoeing down the Verdon Gorges and in the Argens, a pedalo ride on the Lakes of Sainte Croix and Saint Cassien. Ideal for families and sports lovers alike.
The perfect natural playground for activities and amazing sights!
The exceptional geological quality of these places means you can try different water sports and explore incredible countryside:
- The Lake of Sainte-Croix, as you leave the Gorges du Verdon, bordered to the south by the pretty villages of Aiguines, les Salles-sur-Verdon and Bauduen,
- The Lake of Saint-Cassien is a large lake surrounded by 4 villages: Callian, les Adrets-de-l’Estérel, Montauroux, Tanneron.
- The Argens, the main river in the Var region, flows for 114km from west to east through the middle of the department and through varied countryside. The Argens eventually plunges into the sea at Fréjus.
Canoeing, kayaking, pedalos, electric boat, as well as catamarans and windsurfing…
You can do many activities on the rivers and lakes in the Var region.
For example, we suggest:
- a motor boat trip on the Lake of Sainte-Croix,
- a pedalo tour on the Lake of Saint-Cassien,
- Of course, canoeing is the perfect way to discover the nooks and crannies of these lakes
- Not to mention a trip down the Argens, to get your fill of gentle excitement and hair-raising moments. Various options are available for both families and sports fans to choose a route of the perfect length and difficulty.